SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK
ARTIST’S BRIEF & CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR THE UPCOMING CASTLE IN ENGLAND EXHIBITION
A Castle in England is an Arts Council England supported literature project collaboration between writer Jamie Rhodes and the National Trust. The projects will feature a graphic novel series inspired by Scotney Castle’s history.
As part of the project, we are hosting two art exhibitions – one in June at Stour Space, Hackney Wick and the other in July at the Clerkenwell Gallery, Farringdon. We are looking for artists to create alternative covers for each of the stories/chapters or to create artwork inspired by castles from the National Trust.
The graphic novel has been written by Jamie Rhodes and is supported by Arts Council England, the National Trust, Scotney Castle and Nobrow Press.
ARTIST BRIEF 1:
ARTIST BRIEF 2:
Create a piece of artwork – painting, illustration, sculpture, photograph – inspired by a castle from a National Trust site.
- SIZE: Between the sizes of A4 and 50x70cm.
- COLOUR SCHEME FOR BRIEF 1: RED & BLACK
- PRESENTATION: The artwork must be framed
- COMMISSION: We’ll only charge 40% (minus any fees) commission* for any work sold and that will go towards the gallery hire.
- 1ST EXHIBITION DATES: STOUR SPACE 13TH JUNE – 22nd JUNE
- 2ND EXHIBITION DATES: CLERKENWELL GALLERY 3RD JULY – 10TH JULY
- ARTWORK SUBMISSION DATES: 1 week before the start of either exhibition (Please apply first using the instructions below)
- DROP OFF AND PICK UP: Artists are responsible for picking up their artwork from the respective galleries and are responsible for any postage/courier fees
- SUBMISSION EMAIL: Email your submission requests to craig[@]mrfourfingers.com
*We request that you do not increase the price of your artwork by 40% as it won’t sell. We will work with you to decide on the best possible price for the show and for the potential customers in attendance.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Contact us to confirm your interest in taking part
- Confirm the medium you work in and give us an idea of the size of the work – for prints, painting and illustrations please stick to sizes of between A4 and 50x70cm
- Send us examples of your previous work – including links to website and/or portfolio
- Once you’ve been accepted, we’ll confirm your application and announce it on the website and social media
For artwork submissions and questions email:
Craig McCartney – craig[@]mrfourfingers.com
SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR CREATIVE FRIENDS.